The Little Rock Zoo

.The Little Rock Zoo needs to step up and care for the animals better! Please read the several artciles here with deaths, sickness and a bald chimp!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Monkey Injuries

Audio Tape of a Monkey Bite.

Source

"That didn't turn out so good"



The young woman whose hand is pictured

here says: "I thought

Kaylie was the perfect child. I bottle-raised

her from infancy.

She slept with me, went to do shopping

errands with me and

was part of the family. When she was a

baby capuchin, I would

never have imagined that as a three-year-old

Kaylie would attack

me with no warning."

"The nerves in my hand and wrist were

so severely severed that

I will likely never regain use of my hand

despite all of the surgeries

I have endured."

"Kaylie lost her life. She was euthanized

by authorities.

Anyone who acquires a monkey thinking

it will be a

suitable pet is embarking upon a tragic

journey… painful and

heartbreaking."


This nine-year-old Montgomery County,

Texas boy

was playing in his yard when he was

suddenly attacked

by a neighbor's 'pet' macaque monkey.

Of the attack, the boy says, "The

monkey started jumping.

He got this arm, then he jumped

to this arm and started

yanking, and going back and forth

to a leg and both my

arms, like, taking turns on all of them."

[Source: ABC 13 Eyewitness News]

These wounds were caused by a small

female monkey

which had been considered a "sweet loving pet"

for eight years.

These wounds were caused by a toothless
and "fixed"
capuchin monkey. The woman whose leg
is shown to
the left wrote: I am sending you a picture
of what Boomer
(a capuchin) did to me last week and also
to tell you that
you were so right when you told me
removing the teeth is
no safe guard against getting hurt.
As you can see, I was
hurt from head to toe by him. I don't
know why he got
mad, he just attacked for no reason
I can figure out. He was
neutered at 9 months so it was not
hormones! I didn't take
anything away from him, he just all the
sudden jumped on me
before I even knew what was happening.
I remember you telling
me you can take the teeth and testicles
out of a monkey but not
the wild instinct. Now he is alone in a
cage and I fear him.

These wounds, caused by a young female macaque
monkey, were only a few of the wounds sustained
in a single attack by a woman who was attempting
to keep the monkey as a 'pet'.
Note: The monkey who inflicted these wounds
has no canine teeth.
Source and more Information

No comments:

Post a Comment