The Little Rock Zoo

.The Little Rock Zoo needs to step up and care for the animals better! Please read the several artciles here with deaths, sickness and a bald chimp!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Chimparty, Connie Casey Braun, Personal Experience

When the story about Jason Coats came out in 2001 I could understand his side of the story.
Does anyone remember the chimp trainer at the St. Louis Zoo who we called “Mr. Mike?” He was the best chimp trainer the zoo ever had. Yet Mr. Mike use to say that as cute as the chimps are when they are little, they get mean when they are older and can no longer be part of the show. They had to retire them to cages. Even the best and most popular chimps. There was the “talking chimp” that was kidnaped and later returned to the zoo. But even he had to be caged.

My mother was in a nursing home for 5 1/2 years and “Chimparty” use to visit. I have pictures of my mother holding one of the chimps. But I always worried about it because I remembered what Mr. Mike said.

I think Jason was given a bad wrap. No one came forward to tell “the other side of the story” of what really can happen.

Diana Wood
Fenton

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment